Paper/poster presentation instructions
Organization of poster (anti)sessions
For this year's ASRU, we had changed the structure of regular paper (i.e. poster) presentation to avoid the usual drawbacks:
- over-crowded poster sessions
- “I am presenting my poster and have no time to see the other ones”
- “The poster session with an interesting poster takes place the first day and I did not manage to read the paper before, and from the presentation, I hardly understand what was done…”
ASRU's venue allows us to have all the posters hanging all the time, therefore:
- At the beginning of the conference (Sunday afternoon or Monday morning), the authors are asked to hang their posters.
- On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before lunch, Authors be at the posters sessions were defined: all authors should be at their posters. Not to do extensive presentation at this time, but to see people that are interested, and schedule coffee-break, lunch, dinner or other meeting with them. In case the authors are not able to be at their poster at this time, they are asked to put a visible note containing contact information (cell-phone number, Skype login, email) at the poster, so that people can contact them and schedule a meeting.
- All coffee-breaks are organized in the poster area, so coffee-sippers and cake-eaters can enjoy discussion with the authors at their poster.
- Posters should be removed after ASRU is over, or, in the worst case, not later than Wednesday evening (before the banquet).
- The size of the poster board is 100cm (width) x 150cm (height).